Eastwin Trading Ltd is an Experienced Aluminum PCB Manufacturer
Aluminum Based PCBs are a unique metal-based copper clad laminate. These types of Printed Circuit Boards have good thermal conductivity, electrical insulation and very solid machining performance. These types of are typically fabricated with a metal base consisting of aluminum (most common) but can also be produced with copper.
Eastwin Trading Ltd is a solid source for Aluminum based Printed Circuit Boards. For High-Powered LEDs most customers use Aluminum based PCBs; for low-power LEDs standard FR4 PCBs are available as well. Our PCB fabrication specifications and build most types of metal based Printed Circuit Boards.
An Aluminum Printed Circuit Board typically contains copper foil, thermal insulating layer and metal substrate, its structure divide into three layers:
- Circuit layer: the equivalent of an ordinary PCB- copper thickness from 1oz to 10oz.
- Insulation layer: Insulation is a layer of thermal insulating material with low thermal resistance. Thickness: 0.003 “to 0.006” inch is the aluminum PCB core technology.
- Base Layer: a metal substrate, usually aluminum or copper.
Benefits of Aluminum Based Printed Circuit Boards
- Low cost: Aluminum is a metal that can be found in a variety of climates, so it is easy to mine and refine. Therefore, the costs of doing so are significantly lower than other metals. In turn, this means that manufacturing products with these metals are less expensive as well.
- Environmentally Friendly: Aluminum is non-toxic and recyclable. Manufacturing with aluminum is also conducive to conserving energy due to its ease of assembly. For printed circuit board suppliers, using this metal helps maintain the health of our planet.
- Heat dissipation: High temperatures can cause severe damage to electronics, so it is wise to use a material that can help dissipate heat. Aluminum can actually transfer heat away from vital components, thus minimizing the harmful effect it could have on the circuit board.
- Higher durability: Aluminum provides strength and durability to a product that ceramic or fiberglass bases cannot. Aluminum is a sturdy base material that can reduce accidental breakage during manufacturing, handling, and everyday use.
- Lightweight: For its incredible durability, aluminum is a surprisingly lightweight metal. Aluminum adds strength and resilience without adding on any additional weight.
Applications of Aluminum PCBs
Although Power Converters and LEDs are the largest users of these products, Automotive and RF companies are also looking to take advantage of the benefits of these constructions. While a single layer construction is the simplest, other configuration options are available at Eastwin, including:
Applications that generate a large amount of heat often cannot be adequately cooled using just traditional fans. Conductive cooling through metal core PCBs are an ideal production option.
Aluminum PCBs are most widely found in LED technologies, as they reduce the number of LEDs required to produce a specific illumination. Light emitting diodes release a great amount of heat in applications such as:
Back light unit applications
Street safety applications (streetlights, lighting, etc.)
General lighting applications
System automotive LED applications
Power converters: telecom, industrial, high voltage regulator, power supplies
Hybrid/electric motor control applications
Using a metal core PCB in these LED products and applications help to greatly reduce the heat emitted.
Aluminum Core in Printed Circuit Boards Fabrication at Eastwin is Available
We provide metal core pcb prototype fabrication and mcpcb fabrication quantities for both aluminum core and heavy copper PCBs.
Thermal management PCBs or MCPCBs are processed with standard SMT assembly equipment in the PCB manufacturing process.